about free meditation classes in Oxford
"When we meditate, what we actually do is enter into a vacant, calm, still, silent mind. We go deep within and approach our true existence, which is our soul. When we live in the soul, we feel that we are actually meditating spontaneously"
- Sri Chinmoy
About Our Meditation Classes
- An opportunity to learn the basics of relaxation, concentration and meditation.
- In part of the class we explain what meditation is and how to meditate.
- The other part offers you the chance to practise the meditation exercises for yourself.
- Learn how to make meditation part of a life long process.
- There is no need to bring anything, just yourself!
- The classes are free and provided as a community service.
- Classes last for about one and a half hour.
- The classes are aimed at beginners to meditation, but anyone looking to gain new inspiration for their meditation is welcome to come along.
- To find out about our next classes, kindly just fill in this Meditation Contact form
The Path of the Heart
- Our meditation path is based on the teachings of meditation teacher Sri Chinmoy.
- This path of meditation shares similarities with many other types of meditation. Our main goal is to silence the mind.
- However, many of our exercises involve meditating in the sp[iritual heart.
- For more information you can look at Meditation articles by Sri Chinmoy.
Free Meditation classes in Oxford have been given by:
Piyasi works as a Primary School teacher in Oxford. She founded the Sri Chinmoy Centre with her husband, Sarvosmi in 1981. Piyasi also studied at Lady Margaret Hall gaining a phD. Piyasi is an expert photographer and keen gardener.
Tejvan works as an economics teacher. He joined the Sri Chinmoy Centre in 1999, in his last year at University (Lady Margaret Hall). As well as meditation Tejvan enjoys cycling and organises running races in Cutteslowe Park
The Oxford Sri Chinmoy meditation centre has been offering free meditation classes for the past 20 years.
The classes are attended by both university students and local residents.
For more information about meditation classes please use this form to contact us: