"Meditation is a divine gift. Meditation simplifies our outer life and energises our inner life. Meditation gives us a natural and spontaneous life, a life that becomes so natural and spontaneous that we cannot breathe without being conscious of our own divinity. "
Throughout the year, we offer meditation courses which are offered free of charge. The courses aim to offer an introduction to meditation. All are welcome - either complete beginners or those looking to refresh their own meditation practice.
To learn about our next set of classes, kindly leave your contact details using this Contact form.
What Does the Meditation Course Involve?
- Introduction to basic meditation and concentration techniques.
- Learning to Control Your Thoughts.
- Opportunities to try Meditation Exercises for yourself.
- Tips for building a regular meditation practice.
- Use of Mantra and Meditative Music to help control the mind and energise your meditation.
What Type of Meditation is it?
- The meditation classes are based on the teachings of spiritual teacher, Sri Chinmoy.
- Sri Chinmoy emphasises the benefits of meditating with the spiritual heart.
- Common to other types of meditation, our meditation seeks to silence the mind and discover our own inner reality.
- It is not affiliated with any particular religion. People come from different religions or no religion.
Members of the Sri Chinmoy Centre Who Give Meditation Classes
Meditation Classes in London are given by a variety of people including:
Devashishu studied meditation with Sri Chinmoy for 31 years. Although he lives and works in London he has given meditation classes in more than 20 countries. He is a member of the music group 'Ananda' which perform the music of Sri Chinmoy, and he has a special interest in creative writing.
Nurari has been a member of the Sri Chinmoy Centre since 1995. She has a special interest in acting and has performed in plays such as Siddartha Becomes the Buddha.
London Sri Chinmoy Centre
The London Sri Chinmoy Centre was founded in 1970. As a community service, the London Centre has offered free meditation classes in different parts of London for over 40 years.
For more information about the next set of meditation classes please use this form: